23 Haziran 2009 Salı

Erasmus Experience in Netherlands! (English)

My Erasmus: I discovered me, myself and life



Shared by: Ilker Taner


Erasmus Trip: Izmir to Groningen


It was: 2006



I wanted to do something marginal in life that I could remember and smile when I become an oldy, so I decided to exchange my life through Erasmus. I have chosen Netherlands since I loved the beauty of the "Dutch type Living" that I admired when I had first seen.



I decided to go Groningen, as it could be a real experince to see how these Dutch people live there, as it is not a touristic centre.



The first thing that made me smile was Wings-Esn, the local section, with a warm welcome to the city. And throughout the year, they never left us time to get bored. I was so satisfied there that when I returned back to my city, I have done whatever I could as a president of my local section, for the incomings coming to my city.


I meet with many people, from 5 continents, more than may be 30 countries.. That was the experince that I could never had if I haven't gone there.
I had great time with different oriented people from Spainish to French, German to Chinese, Lithuanians to Dutch.. I loved the differences between the cultures and I believed it added my personal actualisation a lot. It is so nice to communicate with different people, in the same time of studying. Trying to making up groups in classes, see who ever in the world can act lazier than you or much more ambitious :)



Finally I can say that I had the most exciting, interesting and challenging year in Groningen and when I look back to those days I miss everything so much. I can recommend this "experience" to everyone since you will never have such a chance later on.



Erasmus rox!



Ilker Taner
ESN-Izmir President 2006/2007

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

50. Ülke Anısına

İlk yurtdışı seyahatimi ailemle birlikte 5 yaşındayken Almanya’ya yapmıştım. 2019 Ekim sonu itibarı ile 28 senede toplam 50 ülkeye ulaştım....